Redbreast 12 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey, which is crafted at Midleton Distillery by Irish Distillers the producer of some of the worlds most enjoyed whiskeys has taken home the World Whisky Trophy at the prestigious International Wine and Spirit Competition, one of the worlds most influential spirits competitions, now in its 50th year.
The competition awarded Redbreast 12 Year Old with its highest honour across Irish, American and Japanese whiskeys after scoring an impressive 98 points, continuing its legacy as the most decorated single pot still Irish whiskey in the world. The respected competition also honoured Midleton Very Rare Barry Crockett Legacy and Jameson Coopers Croze with 98 points, which was underpinned by Irish Distillers winning the majority of Gold Outstanding honours within the Irish whiskey category.
Success at the IWSC parallels stand-out performances for the Midleton portfolio at the Beverage Testing Institute, with Jameson Bow Street 18 Years Cask Strength and Redbreast 21 Year Old receiving platinum medals, the BTIs most prestigious award, for scoring 96 points respectively. In addition, Irish Distillers scooped 27 Medals out of the 67 medals on offer at The Irish Whiskey Masters, with sixteen Gold Medals and seven Masters awarded across the range. The Redbreast portfolio was presented with coveted Master and Gold medals, with Redbreast 21 Year Old commended by the judges for showing something different to the rest of the pack.
Commenting on the accolades, Billy Leighton, Redbreast Master Blender at Midleton Distillery said: We are thrilled to see more fantastic results at such prestigious global spirits tasting competitions. It is great to see the Redbreast range flourish as it continues to excite consumers with its exemplary single pot still Irish whiskey style. These awards are truly a testament to the craftsmen at Midleton Distillery who assist me in blending the finest Irish whiskeys in the world, and we look forward to seeing what the future holds!
About the International Wine and Spirits Competition
Now in its 50th year, the IWSC is one of the most influential spirits competitions in the world with producers entering the awards, confident that they will be judged by the premier experts in any given region and style. With dedicated tasting premises around the world, the awards are widely recognised as one of the most reliable indicators of excellence in spirits globally.
About the Beverage Testing Institute
Founded in 1981, The Beverage Testing Institute is a leading competition with the goal of producing fair, impartial reviews for consumers. A certified member of the American Society of Testing and Materials, BTI is an independent product rating and review initiative which provides valid results and education for consumers and the trade.
About The Irish Whiskey Masters
Organised by the prestigious spirits-based publication, The Spirits Business, the Irish Whiskey Masters is one of the leading annual Irish whiskey awards, seeking to find and reward the finest brands on the world stage. A panel of leading spirits and on-trade specialists discover the finest spirits through a blind tasting, with excellence recognised in category, region, age, design & packaging.
Full results from the Beverage Testing Institute:
- Jameson Bow Street 18 Years Old Cask Strength 96 Platinum Medal
- Redbreast 21 Year Old Single Pot Still 96 Platinum Medal
- Midleton Very Rare 2018 Irish Whiskey 93 Points Gold Medal
- Midleton Dair Ghaelach Bluebell Forest 93 Points Gold Medal
- Redbreast 12 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 93 Points Gold Medal
- Redbreast 15 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 93 Points Gold Medal
- Jameson Crested Irish Whiskey 92 Points Gold Medal
- Red Spot 15 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 92 Points Gold Medal
- Powers 12 Year Old Johns Lane Irish Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 92 Points Gold Medal
- Powers Three Swallow Release Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 92 Points Gold Medal
- Green Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 91 Points Gold Medal
- Jameson 18 Year Old Irish Whiskey 91 Points Gold Medal
- Jameson Signature Irish Whiskey 91 Points Gold Medal
- Jameson Blended Irish Whiskey 90 Gold Medal
- Redbreast Lustau Edition Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey 89 Points Silver Medal
- Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey – 89 Points Silver Medal
- Powers Gold Label Blended Irish Whiskey – 89 Points Silver Medal
- Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition 89 Points Silver Medal
- Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey 89 Points Silver Medal
- Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition Irish Whiskey 88 Points Silver Medal
- Jameson Coopers Croze Irish Whiskey 87 Points Silver Medal
- Jameson Distillers Safe Irish Whiskey 87 Points Silver Medal
- Jameson Blenders Dog Irish Whiskey 87 Points Silver Medal
Full results from the International Wine and Spirit Competition:
- Jameson Coopers Croze Gold Outstanding 98 Points
- Jameson 18 Years Old Silver Medal
- Jameson Black Barrel Silver Medal
- Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition Bronze Medal
- Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition Bronze
- Jameson Crested Bronze
- Jameson Distillers Safe Bronze
- Jameson Irish Whiskey Bronze
- Jameson Signature Bronze
- Method & Madness Single Pot Still Silver
- Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy Gold Outstanding 98 Points
- Midleton Very Rare 2018 Silver
- Midleton Very Rare Dair Ghaelach Bluebell Forest Silver
- Powers Johns Lane 12 Year Old Gold
- Powers Three Swallow Release Gold
- Red Spot Single Pot Still Gold
- Powers Gold Label Bronze
- Redbreast 12 Single Pot Still Gold Outstanding 98 Points Worldwide Whisky Trophy 2019
- Redbreast 15 Year Old Gold
- Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Silver
- Redbreast 21 Year Old Silver
- Redbreast Lustau Edition Silver
Full results from The Irish Whiskey Masters:
- Irish Distillers Jameson Irish Whiskey – Silver
- Irish Distillers Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition – Silver
- Irish Distillers Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition – Gold
- Irish Distillers Jameson Signature – Gold
- Irish Distillers Jameson Crested – Gold
- Irish Distillers Jameson Black Barrel – Master
- Irish Distillers Jameson Cooper’s Croze – Gold
- Irish Distillers Jameson Distiller’s Safe – Silver
- Irish Distillers Jameson Blender’s Dog – Silver
- Irish Distillers Jameson 18 Years – Gold
- Irish Distillers Midleton Very Rare 2018 – Gold
- Irish Distillers Jameson Bow Street 18 Years Cask Strength (Batch 2) – Master
- Irish Distillers Midleton Dair Ghaelach Bluebell Forest – Gold
- Irish Distillers METHOD AND MADNESS Single Malt – Gold
- Irish Distillers Powers Three Swallow Release – Master
- Irish Distillers Powers Johns Lane 12 Years Old – Gold
- Irish Distillers Redbreast 12 Year Old – Master
- Irish Distillers Green Spot Chateau Montelena – Gold
- Irish Distillers METHOD AND MADNESS Single Grain – Gold
- Irish Distillers Redbreast Lustau Edition – Gold
- Irish Distillers Green Spot Chateau Leoville Barton – Gold
- Irish Distillers Yellow Spot – Gold
- Irish Distillers Redbreast 15 Year Old – Gold
- Irish Distillers Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength – Master
- Irish Distillers Red Spot – Gold
- Irish Distillers Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy – Master
- Irish Distillers Redbreast 21 Year Old Master
About Irish Distillers
Irish Distillers is Irelands leading supplier of spirits and wines and producer of some of the worlds most well-known and successful Irish whiskeys. Led by Jameson, our brands are driving the global renaissance of Irish whiskey. Jameson is the worlds fastest-growing Irish whiskey, experiencing 29 years of consecutive growth and hitting sales of 7.3m cases in 2018. Our brands are exported to 130+ markets, with over 80 of those experiencing double- or triple-digit growth.
Irish Distillers was formed in 1966, when a merger took place between John Power & Son, John Jameson & Son and Cork Distilleries Company. In 1988 Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard, gaining access to unprecedented levels of investment and an extensive global distribution network. Since 2012, we have invested over 250m to double our production and bottling capacity to meet global demand for our products.
We employ over 600 people across our operations in Cork and Dublin.
About Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard is the worlds n°2 in wines and spirits with consolidated Sales of 8,987 million in FY18. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008). Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantines, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well Jacobs Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Kenwood wines. Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of approximately 18,900 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 Brand Companies and 86 Market Companies established in each key market. Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption. Pernod Ricards strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
Pernod Ricard is listed on Euronext (Ticker: RI; ISIN code: FR0000120693) and is part of the CAC 40 index.