Irish Distillers adds digital label solution to support responsible choices
- Irish Distillers is rolling out a new digital e-label for Jameson across the EU, starting in its home market, in response to customers’ evolving desire for more information about the products they are consuming
- The digital labelling initiative is part of a European pilot programme, which will be followed by a global roll-out across all Pernod Ricard brands by 2024
Dublin, 28 September 2022: Irish Distillers, producer of some of the world’s most well-known and successful Irish whiskeys, has today announced the launch of a digital e-label system which aims to better inform consumers about the products they are consuming, as well as encourage responsible drinking.
The digital labelling initiative is beginning with a European pilot program across Pernod Ricard’s strategic international brands, including Jameson and Absolut in the Irish market, before being rolled out globally across all brands in Pernod Ricard’s portfolio by 2024.
This initiative aims to offer consumers a quick and easy way to access product and health information on packaging via a QR code.
As part of the pilot, bottles of Jameson and Absolut in Ireland will now carry a QR code on the back label which, once scanned with a smartphone, will redirect consumers directly to a platform where they will be able to access:
- The list of ingredients and nutritional information
- Information about the health risks associated with the consumption of alcohol, and where to find relevant information in their country
- Responsible drinking information, including thelocal low risk drinking guidelines specific to each country, as well as information about who should not drink alcohol and a link toa consumer information website.
Nodjame Fouad, Chairman and CEO, Irish Distillers “We have always been a consumer centric company committed to responsible drinking. The pilot of this new digital label solution in Ireland and other European markets strives to respond to our customers’ evolving desire for more information about the products they are consuming. Through this proactive initiative, we are continuing in our efforts to be an industry pioneer by aiming to better inform consumers about the products they purchase and about responsible drinking.
The first bottles of Jameson and Absolut to carry the new digital label are now available in Ireland.