Supply Chain Graduate Programme
The newly launched Irish Distillers Supply Chain Graduate Programme offers bright and ambitious Supply Chain graduates the opportunity to begin an exciting career with the world’s leading producer of Irish whiskey. Our ambition is to support you to become our future generation of Supply Chain professionals.
Graduates will work alongside a Supply Chain team in a structured and challenging placement that offers real responsibilities, planned learning, rotations and project work. This 2 year programme offers opportunities at our busy, fast paced Supply Chain function based in Dublin 22 , where the world’s best-selling Irish whiskeys are bottled, packaged and distributed to 130 markets around the Globe.
You will work to build out our processes, drive continuous improvement and help us leverage our technology to deliver best in class results. From supply planning, demand planning and transformation projects, there has never been a more exciting time to join Irish Distillers.
This year we are seeking Level 8 and 9 graduates from Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Business, Commerce, Business Information Systems or related discipline.
About Supply Chain
Our Supply Chain team manage the flow of our many different products to ensure they are in the right place at the right time. Our vision is to ‘proudly align people and systems to deliver success in every case’. The pace is fast and we need to be agile, so we can maximise productivity and continuously improve. The team acts as an important link between the customer and Irish Distillers through the management of all shipping and service requirements for our Global market companies and our 3rd party logistics operations in the domestic market
The team are divided into 6 key business areas;
- Supply Planning
- Demand Planning
- International Customer Relationship Team
- Customs & Excise
- Domestic Operations.
What we look for
Our culture is a blend of curiosity and craic and our enthusiasm for what we do is infectious. We are looking for a mindset, as well as a skillset. We are looking for:
- Level 8 and 9 graduates
- Graduates of Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Transport, Business, Commerce or Business Information Systems
- Curious self-starters, who are great communicators and view a challenge as an opportunity
- Graduates who can collaborate, be decisive, be courageous and adaptable
- Supply Chain graduates who will cultivate innovation and embrace nimble learning
What we offer
Salary & profit share
- Competitive salary
- Profit share after 15 months
Pension & Savings
- Employer matching of up to 10% of salary
- Saving schemes
- 2 days Volunteer Leave
- Subsidised canteen
- Range of discounts with retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing portal and events
- Virtual fitness classes
Our goal is to enable you to become our future generation of Supply Chain Professionals by offering you a Graduate Training Programme that fuels your ambition. Our supportive and structured learning programme offers you technical, professional and personal development. This includes:
- Structured rotations
- Mentor and buddy framework
- Technical skills development
- Professional skills development
- Project work
- Applications are now open for Supply Chain Graduates commencing our Programme on 1st of Sept 2022.
- Level 8 or 9 degree is required
- To apply you should be an upcoming or recent graduate of Supply Chain Management
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting video interviews throughout September and October.
Our application process involves 6 clear stages outlined in more detail below.
- Online application process
- MS Teams interview with a member of our Graduate Recruitment Team
- Face to face interview with Supply Chain Leaders
- Online psychometric test
- Final round meeting with our Site Leadership
Frequently asked questions
When will applications close?
Applications close in October 28th 2021.
Should I apply before the closing date?
Yes, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting video interviews with our Graduate Recruitment Team right throughout September and October.
How do I make an online application?
Your start your application by accessing our Global Pernod Ricard Recruitment system called Workday.
- Click on the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page which will direct you to our job advert
- Click on the Apply Now button on our job advert which will direct you to the recruitment system.
- Please do not apply using your LinkedIn profile
- You will need to create your own personal account to allow you to upload your CV and complete the application.
- You will receive a verification e-mail with your username and a separate login. Click on the email link to activate your account. You can now complete your application. Please activate the link within 7 days.
What are the steps involved in the online application?
Once you have activated your account, you will be asked to attach and upload your CV, add your personal details and your work & education history. You will then be asked to answer some short and general questions about your background and interest in Irish Distillers. Below are the questions we recommend you prepare in advance.
What questions will I be asked? I need to prepare my questions in advance
- Why are you interested in applying to the Supply Chain Graduate Programme at Irish Distillers? How do you feel your skills are relevant? (150 – 400 words max)
- Why did you decide to study Supply Chain? (150 -400 words max)
- Describe a project that you have worked on during your studies? (150- 400 words max)
- What have been your favourite 2 modules in University and how are they relevant to the work we do? (150-400 words max)
- Tell us more about your work experience and how the skills you acquired might be transferable to Irish Distillers? (150-400 words max)
What is your greatest achievement? (150- 400 words max)
Can I save my application and return to it at a later date?
Firstly, we recommend you prepare and save the answers in a document in advance, so you can take the time to reflect on your responses. You will find the detailed questions we ask above.
You can go back to your application at any time. It is saved in real-time as you add the information. We have no visibility of your application information until you press “Submit” at the very end once you are happy with everything.
Please ensure you hold onto your email and password. You can go back into your application by selecting Apply Now and “Continue Application” or Sign In to view your application anytime.
You can go back to your application at any time. It is saved in real-time as you add the information so you don’t have to press ‘save’ as you go along. We have no visibility of your application information until you press “Submit” at the very end, once you are happy with everything.
Can I apply by email instead?
Unfortunately, no. All applications must be tracked through our recruitment system. See below if you are experiencing difficulties.
Will interviews be face to face or virtual?
We will complete 1st and 2nd rounds virtually by MS Teams. The final round interview will be face to face on site at Dublin, subject to government guidelines.
How long will the application process take?
It really depends on how prepared you are. It should not take more than 20-30 minutes once you have the answers to the questions above prepared. Don’t forget you can always save your application and return to it if want to go offline to prepare your answers.
Can I re-apply if I am unsuccessful?
Yes, you can reapply the following year. Every application is a learning experience.
I’ve forgotten my password. Can I reset it?
Yes, just go back into the jobs advert via the APPLY NOW below and you can reset your password at the Sign In button on the top right.
Can I get feedback?
We will provide feedback after the video interview or after the Assessment Centre.
What is involved in the video interview?
During the virtual Microsoft Teams interview, selected candidates will speak with a member of our Graduate Recruitment Team. It will be a non-technical interview that centres around your career ambitions, work, college and life experience. This will take no more than 30 minutes. It is also an opportunity for you to get to know us too.
I’d like to know more about Irish Distillers and Jameson. Where can I find this information?
We have lots of detail on our website. However we’d also recommend visiting the Irish Distillers website and the Jameson Whiskey websites. Feel free to follow us on our social media channels that will offer you more insights. The Irish Distillers company page on LinkedIn provides regular updates on what is happening in our business.
Am I able to apply for other Irish Distillers Graduate Programmes?
You, can apply for both programmes. However, if you are offered and accept a position on the Supply Chain Programme, you cannot proceed with your application for the International Programme. If you choose not to accept an offer, you can progress an application for the International Graduate Programme. Please note, the closing date for the Supply Chain Programme is 29th of October. The closing date for the International Programme is mid-January.
Do you have minimum academic entry requirements?
No. However we would like to understand your projected degree grade (overall result: GPA on the online application) so that we can fully assess your application. We look for people with the right attitude, who fit our unique culture, so we will take every aspect into account.
Can I speak to someone about your Graduate Programme or application process?
We hope we have responded to all possible questions here. However, if you still have a question, please feel free to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will get back to you as quickly as we can. Please include your mobile number with the query.
Can I apply to the Supply Chain Graduate Programme if I need a work permit?
We are looking for people with a Stamp 4 visa or EU passport holders.
Technical difficulties, what should I do?
If you are experiencing difficulties, please feel free to contact email@example.com. To avoid disappointment, we recommend applying as early as you can in case you do encounter difficulties.
Great, I’m clear on everything, how do I start the application process?
Click the Apply Now button below to start your application. This will redirect you to our corporate site and from there please press “Apply Now” to create your account and initiate the application process.
Applications now closed for 2022 start